- Finnish (native)
University of Helsinki, Bachelor degree with a specialization in “Slavic Studies, Russian language and Literature” (http://www.helsinki.fi/hum/english/)
- University of Helsinki, Masters degree with a pecialization in “Russian Language and Literature”
- European Humanities University (Minsk), internship in “Russian Language, Philosophy, and Art” (http://www.ehu.lt/ru)
- University of Latvia, internship in “Rusistika” (http://www.lu.lv/rus/)
- University of Helsinki, Faculty of Behavioural Science and Education (http://www.helsinki.fi/behav/english/index.htm)
- “Finnish Swimming Association” school, course in teaching swimming and water sports for children (http://www.uimaliitto.fi/liitto/in-english/)
Maija began working as a Finnish and Russian teacher in 2006 while studying at university. She has taught Finnish to Russian immigrants and has taught Russian to Finnish employees in the art and business sectors who had contacts in Russia.
Subsequently, Maija worked has a Russian language teacher for groups of Finnish business men and women, while also developing specialized learning materials.
Maija has extensive experience in translation, international and administrative business, working with immigrants, and organizing various types of conferences.
Maija is an experienced teacher, having worked with people at different language levels, of different nationalities and ages. Among these, she has worked with children and adolescents.
Currently, she is combining administrative work at the university with her teaching work, working as a swimming instructor for small children and teaching Finnish through Skype.